Main Taunus International School
Main Taunus International School is an all-day international school, which offers programs for children ranging from the age of 15 months to 12th grade. The school is a special place of learning, and provides individualized mentoring and support to every child in the development of all of their skills. MTIS lives and cultivates international mindedness and currently has over 30 nationalities represented on its campus. In this environment, its students live and experience a tolerant international environment on a daily basis.
Main Taunus International School distinguishes itself from the other international schools in the Frankfurt Rhein-Main metropolitan region through its unique child-centered pedagogical concept. The aim of the MTIS academic program is to develop socially-active and internationally-minded students who are fully qualified and personally principled so that they may be successful in their chosen life paths. This is achieved by offering differentiated, student-centered instruction and utilizing a dynamic curriculum that adheres to both German and international standards. At all stages of its program, MTIS strives to be innovative and compassionate, while at the same time encouraging all students to reach their maximum potential. The school guides all students in their journey of self-discovery and helps them to develop critical and creative thinking skills and to work collaboratively and confidently in at least two languages.
Main Taunus International School has the only Kindergarten and Elementary School in the State of Hesse offering an authentic bilingual AMI Montessori education in English and German, which aligns with the Hessian state curriculum. Its experienced and dedicated pedagogical team ensures that each child receives personal attention, mentoring and instruction in a safe and caring environment.
The Cambridge accredited Secondary School does not only prepare all students for world-renowned international university entrance qualifications, but also offers a talent support and mentoring program, allowing for tailor-made educational paths for students who wish to combine their academic endeavors with the desire to prepare to play sports. In both areas students will be supported by highly qualified and student-oriented teachers, coaches and mentors. Children with special talents in areas other than sports can also benefit from this individualized talent support and mentoring programs.
Students at Main Taunus International School...
- learn and grow from an early age on in an international, caring and nurturing environment
- will be taught and mentored at all stages of their development by dedicated, experienced and well qualified staff
- benefit from a language support program and will be at least bilingual (English, German)
- will develop a lifelong appreciation for learning
- develop academic and individual learning skills in Kindergarten and Elementary School adhering to the AMI Montessori principles
- benefit from Cambridge International Examination accredited curricula, such as the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- have the option to receive a Mittlerer Abschluss via IGCSE examinations
- will graduate with a High School Diploma (HSD)
- can obtain their International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (from 2017 onwards - program accreditation pending, currently an IB DP candidate school)
- offers admission to universities worldwide
- can offer admission to all German universities via an Abitur equivalent
- benefit from a professional in-house Career and University Advising Service
- enjoy an environment in which they can combine intensive sports training with high quality academics
- will be guided by a highly experienced and successful IBDP and Upper School administration team with extensive IB experience
- will have the option to receive training from highly qualified coaches in cooperation with well-known partners and sports associations
- have access to reliable transportation through experienced partners
Main Taunus International School currently has about 200 students and 40 staff members. During the 2016/2017 academic year, the school will provide programs for students up to grade 10, adding another grade level over the next 2 school years as the school grows. Standard tuition is based on income and varies from 300-900 Euros per month. The school is located in Friedrichsdorf, in the northern Frankfurt Rhein-Main metropolitan region at the foot of the Taunus Mountains, approx. 20 minutes from down town Frankfurt.
Main Taunus International School
Tel: +49 (0)6172 - 7 64 65 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)6172 - 7 64 65 - 25
Main Taunus International School gGmbH is a non-profit organization