How to Ship Anything to or from Germany
From entire households to smaller boxes and parcels, find out how to move all your belongings overseas or across Europe.
Organising an international relocation may be challenging, not to mention expensive, if you don't do it right. When moving to Germany or any other country, it is essential to find out the right logistics solution to make the transportation of your belongings as easy as possible.
Eurosender helps to take the stress out of it. As an experienced logistics company, Eurosender has helped thousands of people organise their move and transport everything from entire households to beloved musical instruments, sports equipment or simply a couple of suitcases. Offering greater comfort with door-to-door deliveries, here is how their relocation services work and some professional tips to make the moving process smoother.
Decide which items will come with you
First things first: Nail down dimensions. Before moving, you should check which household items and personal belongings will you bring along with you. Don't forget to factor in the possibility and cost of repurchasing some of the items in Germany versus the cost of shipping them.
Once you have your ultimate moving list ready, get out your tape and measure!
Next step: choose the right shipping service for you
Once you know what you want to ship abroad and how much space you need, it will be easier to choose the ideal shipping service. It doesn't matter if you need to send just a few boxes of clothes or an entire bedroom set – Eurosender offers services to cater to every need.
If you are travelling light and want to send only a few boxes or suitcases, Standard Shipping is the way to go. The Standard Service is the most simple and affordable solution, especially useful when shipping up to 10 regular-sized boxes. If you are in a hurry, choose Express Shipping instead and have your items delivered in 24-72h worldwide.
Basic information about Standard Shipping:
- Weight: up to 30 kg
- Maximum length: 175 cm
- Length (in cm) + 2x width (in cm) + 2x height (in cm) < 300 cm (length plus two times width plus two times height should be less than 300 cm or 3 m altogether)
- Average delivery time in Europe: up to 7 days for international routes
If, instead of only a few boxes, you intend on bringing all your personal belongings with you, choose the Van Delivery. With this service, you can move any large shipment, from personal items, furniture and household appliances to motorcycles. If it fits on the van, you can ship it.
The Van Delivery Service is the perfect solution for relocations, as you will have an entire vehicle dedicated solely to you. This means that you will not have strict packaging guidelines to follow, and the delivery will be carried out in the shortest time possible since it is direct transport. On top of all that, Eurosender's Van Delivery Service has unbeatable prices.
General information about the Van Delivery:
- Estimated delivery time in Europe: between 24-48 hours
- Types of vans available:
- Box van: 465 x 165 x 180 cm or 13 cubic meters and 800 kg capacity
- Curtain-side van: 410 x 210x 230cm or 19 cubic meters and 1100 kg capacity
Pack it like a pro
Proper packing helps to ensure your shipment will arrive safe and sound at the destination.
Standard Shipping – General packing guidelines:
- Wrapping the suitcase is highly recommended to make sure it is better protected and that the shipping label can easily stick to the surface.
- Add extra protection on wheels and handles since these are the most sensitive parts.
- For better protection, opt for packing your items directly into cardboard boxes. Make sure the box is sturdy (double-cardboard boxes are the best choice) and not damaged.
- Wrap your items in bubble-wrap, place them in the box and fill the voids with cushioning materials. Before closing the box, make sure the items are safely arranged and cannot move during transit.
- Seal the box with adhesive tape across all flaps and seams. For a last layer of protection, you can protect all edged or wrap the box with duct tape.
- Consider writing your contact details on the box or suitcase to avoid any inconvenience.
Get a price calculation
Shipping costs will vary depending on various factors, from package measurements, service selected, weight, location, and more. Once you input your shipment's details on the Eurosender platform, the shipping price will be instantly calculated. There is no need for long waits or extensive negotiation – you always get the best price available for your needs.
Do you need to ship anything to Germany or any other destination? Eurosender offers safe and easy shipping solutions for any parcel or shipment. Discover the delivery cost right away with their price calculator, or request a customised solution if you have specific shipping needs.
Do you want even better prices? Use coupon CODE to have 10% off when shipping with Eurosender.
Eurosender Shipping Service
Eurosender is headquartered in Luxembourg (Luxembourg) and has offices in Luxembourg, Ljubljana (Slovenia), and Kyiv (Ukraine)