Obermenziger Gymnasium - Munich
Appreciation of our students' personalities answers our purpose
Our state-approved and officially recognized Secondary School with an economic science profile and a lingual branch has a German and a bilingual track.
Obermenzinger Gymnasium is one of the few state-approved and officially recognized schools in Munich offering several subjects in English from the beginning of grade 5, leading to the Bavarian "Abitur", and encouraging and deepening the German language at the same time.
We are an all-day school which offers a rhythmic daily routine, one that alternates between classroom instruction, independent studying and creative activities (AGs, elective courses). We focus on holistic personality development of our students through our comprehensive range of additional activities in the creative, sport, and musical arenas.
Since 2013 we have offered our special bilingual track (German-English) for students who are fluent in German and English. Several courses are conducted in English. The role of the educational assistant is filled by the English language assistant who accompanies the students in core subjects, study periods (when students do their homework) and during lunch recess.
As a private school we rely on our proven pedagogical principles of individual support of each student in a friendly and hospitable atmosphere. Our approach is enhanced by classes which are as small as possible and by the open campus character of our institute. An educational assistant supporting the class teacher accompanies our students in core subjects and study periods from grade 5 through 9. Aside from individual tuition, our students can obtain a professional degree in the fields of economics and multimedia with our extracurricular ABIplus program. Our school is located in the green, residential Obermenzing area only ten minutes by train from central station.
Values for life
Obermenzinger Gymnasium is part of Münchner Schulstiftung, along with Lumberjack Waldkindergarten, Jan Amos Comenius Kinderhaus, Jan Amos Comenius Grundschule and Privatgymnasium Dr Florian Überreiter. The foundation was founded in 2005 and pursues noncommercial purposes. Like all other institutes of the foundation, Obermenzinger Gymnasium's aim is to offer young people a place where they can mature into self-confident and responsible personalities. Children and youngsters are supposed to feel comfortable at their place, child care workers and teachers should like what they do and be committed and dedicated to their jobs. There is an opportunity of joining Obermenzinger Gymnasium during the current semester.
- ALL-DAY SCHOOL AND CARE in periods from 8.15 to 16.30.
- BILINGUAL TRACK with several subjects in English.
- TWO-TEACHER SYSTEM from grade 5 through 9; educational assistants support teachers in class and are children's contact persons.
- ECONOMIC SCIENCE OR LINGUAL BRANCH with the beginning of grade 8.
- ABIplus for dedicated students who want to acquire a professional degree for "EDV-Buchhaltungsassistent VDP" ( assistant for accounting ), "staatlich geprüfter Kaufmännischer Assistent" ( certified commercial assistant for business economics ) or multimedia assistant in addition to the "Abitur".
- INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT in a friendly and hospitable atmosphere.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLING including academic support by a steady team.
- OPEN ARTIST'S WORKSHOP offering wood shop, arts and crafts, and painting.
- NUMEROUS ELECTIVE COURSES AND ACTIVITIES that supplement our educational scope.
- EUROPEAN SCHOOL PROJECTS with the educational program "Erasmus
- OPEN GYM offering numerous opportunities for physical activities on some days during lunch recess.
- OWN CANTEEN offering two freshly made dishes and a salad bar.
We warmly invite you to visit us.
You are welcome to call our office for an appointment ( 089-891244-0 ).
We look forward to seeing you.